After a rollercoaster of a week, we decided to take a last minute trip to the beach this weekend. We found a great little condo in Santa Rosa beach and spent the weekend being lazy, laying on the beach and participating in a little retail therapy. A sweet friend recently encouraged us to do something we couldn't do once we had children, and we did just that. Not that you can't go to the beach with kids, but you can't lay on the beach and read an entire book, go out for a fancy dinner, or simply be selfish with your time. Now don't get me wrong, we long for the day we will build sandcastles and splash in the waves with our precious children. But for this weekend we simply enjoyed being together. We didn't spend our time focusing on the child we didn't get to bring home last week, but we focused on each other. We laughed a lot, played a lot, and ate a lot of great food! Cafe Tango is our new favorite...best Lobster Ravioli and Creme Brulee I have ever had!
Our first night at the beach we ate at PF Chang's and below was the fortune I was given after our meal...
I am not superstitious, nor do I believe that the fortune I pulled from this cookie means much of anything. However, I was reminded by this silly little fortune of God's promise in Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." What a beautiful promise from God and a sweet reminder of His love for me! It was the encouragement I needed at just the right time...He will give us the desire of our hearts just in His timing!
No comments:
Post a Comment