5.17.2011

Where we are and where we've been...

When I share with people that we are in the process of adding to our family through adoption, they often ask me why we don't have a blog.  I've never blogged about our journey because I've often felt like there wasn't much to say.  So much of our story involves simply waiting, and with that waiting often comes silence.  Well, I've finally decided to venture into the world of blogging despite the silence.  My hope is that through this blog, we are able to share our story with our family, friends, and the occasional passer-by who stumbles upon it.  The ultimate desire of our hearts is that God be glorified through our adoption journey.

So, how did we get here?  After struggling with infertility for several years we began exploring our options for growing our family.  We soon realized that God's plan for our family was much better than our own...His plan had nothing to do with biology, and everything to do with the heart.  Adoption isn't just about two people who want to be parents.  It is about the Gospel.  It is a beautiful and amazing picture of God's love for us.

We began our journey with Lifeline Children's Services in November of 2009.  The past 18 months have been a rollercoaster ride if I've ever been on one.  And for those of you who know me well, you know I don't like rollercoasters.  I had been warned that adoption was not for the faint-hearted,  but I had no idea just how true that was until we began the process.  It has been a season filled with hope and joy, but also disappointment.  It has been a test of our faith, as well as a blessing for our marriage.  Since the new year we have applied to two additional agencies, and we are excited about the new opportunities that these agencies can bring.  We are waiting in eager expectation to meet our precious child and we look forward to what God has in store for our lives!  We would love it if you would join us in praying our baby home!

"This vision-message is a witness pointing to what's coming.  It aches for the coming - it can hardly wait!  And it doesn't lie.  If it seems slow in coming, wait.  It's on its way.  It will come right on time." Habakkuk 2:3 (MSG)

"Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him...Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised." Romans 4:18, 20-21

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture of you Carolyn!! And I'm praying as you continue to ride this rollercoaster. :) I eagerly look forward to seeing you and Patrick with your first child in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited to be able to hear your heart all the way out here in idaho:-)

    ReplyDelete