6.29.2011

the countdown has begun...

I apologize for the lack of posts recently - I had no idea how many people were actually reading it!  The last 2 weeks have been filled with trying to "get ready" to bring our baby home!  I have realized it doesn't matter how long you have, you can never be "ready" for a new baby.  I have made multiple trips to Babies "R" Us, developed a new love of Dreft, and reorganized the baby's room a million times!  I attempted to help my mom make our crib bedding, but really I just watched her do it.  I'm not quite that talented yet! We have been so humbled and blessed by the generosity of both our friends and family. They have showered us with clothes, diapers, and lots of "baby things" that will make our transition home so much easier.

People keep asking us if we are nervous or anxious about the coming weeks. The answer is yes and no. We are anxious to hold our son for the first time and nervous about meeting the brave, courageous woman who is blessing us with a child.  But we are also confident in God's perfect plan and eager to see the days unfold.  We know God called us to adopt and we know that He has ordained the days ahead.  We are just so excited that adoption is part of His plan for our family!  Please continue keep us, the birthmother and our baby boy in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment